Have you ever thought about exercising your vagina? The vagina is an incredible muscle that is strong and deserves to be nurtured and well looked after. If you’re interested in strengthening your vagina and want to learn how, then we’ve found something you might just get excited about.
Drum roll. Introducing the yoni egg, the all in one egg that claims to give your vagina the strength and exercise it needs while also rocking your world at the very same time.
Just a heads up, you don’t have to put this egg in your vagina to make it healthy and strong. If that’s not your sort of thing to get down and dirty with, then that’s cool. Here is a list of 10 other things you shouldn’t put in your vagina just to be safe!
If you are interested in the yoni egg and what it can do for you, then we want to provide you with all the information we can to make sure you rock your world in the safest way possible.
What is a Yoni Egg and Why Are People Putting Them in Their Vagina!?
A yoni egg, or also known as a jade yoni egg, is a polished semi-precious stone that has been carved into the shape of an egg and is to be worn inside the vagina. Yes, you heard that correctly.
You may be asking yourself – what are yoni eggs used for and why on earth would I want to put an egg up my vagina?
An important thing to remember is that the vagina is a collapsed muscle. Like all muscles, they have the ability to be exercised which can result in them staying strong, healthy, and in shape. The yoni egg claims to help achieve that by strengthening the vaginal muscle, and in some cases, produce strong orgasms! These aren’t the only potential benefits though. There’s so much more!
Yoni Egg Potential Benefits
- Recommended for menstrual cramps as the yoni egg has been proven to strengthen the pelvic muscle as well as help it to relax when it begins to feel constricted.
- Tightens the vaginal walls as well as awakens other tissues, organs, and muscles. Many women have claimed that it has also allowed them to grow new nerve endings which makes your sexual pleasure all that better.
- Strengthens the pelvic floor which will reduce the chance of incontinence and any other leakages that may occur downstairs.
- Many women have claimed that it has helped them during childbirth as it prevents lots of tearing in the vaginal wall as the baby is being born. This is due to the strengthening of the muscles and tissues.
If you feel like this is something you would be interested in, then you should know what the pros and cons are from women who have tried the yoni egg.
The pros include being able to interact with your vagina and getting to know your body on a more personal level, using the egg to help your vagina age better and healthier, and possibly even amping up your sex life.
Paula Mallis, founder of WMN Space, says:
“I am a fan of the yoni egg! Being open to exploring with this crystal gem gives a woman an opportunity to be more connected and attuned with her (yoni) body. I love all the benefits of the yoni egg from sexual pleasure to strengthening the vaginal walls. As a doula I recommend that my clients explore with the yoni egg after giving birth.”
And now onto the cons. Many women have said that you can’t leave the yoni egg in for too long as it can be over stimulating, as well as cause unnecessary tension down below.
Katherine Altneu, a licensed acupuncturist and fertility expert states:
“While it may improve muscle tone of the pelvic floor, some people have pelvic floor muscles that are too tight and cannot relax. A tight pelvic floor is far more common than people realize. Just as many people carry tension in their neck and shoulders, many other people carry tension in their pelvic floor—without even realizing it. This can be made worse by doing squeezing exercises and overworking the muscles without learning how to relax.”
How to Insert Yoni Eggs
Does the yoni egg sound like your jam? If you decide to give it a go then you should know the correct way to insert it. It may sound a little daunting. Here is the correct way to insert the yoni egg into your vagina.
- Make sure you are nice and moist down below. You can do this either by stimulating yourself or using lubricant. It’s important that you are lubricated down below as it will hurt inserting the yoni egg if you aren’t.
- Once you are confident you are moist enough in the vagina it’s time to insert the yoni egg. Most women insert their yoni egg with the tip facing down. With your non-writing hand, pull back the folds around the vaginal entrance. With your dominant hand, grip the yoni egg with your thumb and finger.
- Inserting the yoni egg is just like inserting a tampon without an applicator. Gently insert the egg. Don’t push it all the way up into the cervix, all you need to do is just give it a gentle push and your muscles will do the rest!
And that’s it. The next question you probably have is this – great, but what am I meant to do now? Many women have claimed to use the yoni egg for vaginal exercises and stimulation.
3 Tips You Should Know About the Yoni Egg
If the yoni egg sounds like it’s for you, then here are 3 helpful tips you should know.
Where to Buy Yoni Eggs
Yoni eggs are actually quite popular and can be purchased online at the Yoni Egg website.
I Got My Yoni Egg Stuck! What Should I Do?
Take a deep breath and relax. Your yoni egg can’t get stuck inside you forever. To remove your yoni egg, get into a squatting position and push the egg out with your vagina muscles. If you need help, then you can use your fingers to scoop the egg out. If that doesn’t work, then jump up and down while pushing down. It will come out!
How Long to Leave Yoni Egg in?
If you’re using a yoni egg for exercise purposes, then you can leave it in for up to 30 minutes. If you’re using your yoni egg for meditating or other spiritual work, then you can leave it in for up to an hour before it is recommended you take it out and give your vagina a rest..
And don’t forget to subscribe to Ellebox today. Get started for as little as $10.99/month.